06 Oct Transform Education & Library Spaces with Jonathan Morgan
Here at Jonathan Morgan & Company, we’re driven by the idea that interior space is precious. We’re proud to use our years of industry experience and expertise to create indoor environments that are happy, safe and productive, with satisfied clients across a range of sectors in Canada, North America and beyond. As we continue into Fall semester and look towards the Christmas holidays, we highlight some of our very best work across educational & library spaces.
We’ve built our reputation on successful projects that place the safety and wellbeing of their users as a core priority. Whilst we’ve been proud to champion innovative interior design and furniture collection across a number of corporate & public spaces, we’re pleased to showcase our work across education & library environments as we prepare to enter a new normal with even greater focus on infection control measures than ever before.
Transforming Places of Education
Schools and libraries across Canada and North America faced unprecedented measures when they were forced to temporarily close at the height of the Covid outbreak. As our understanding of the virus grows, governments and educational leaders are taking steps to protect staff, pupils and their families from its risks.
We believe that safe spaces of learning during the pandemic don’t have to be disconnected and clinical experiences. Well planned and well thought out spaces create the happiest and most productive learning environments, and we’ve creative, fun and functional environments across elementary, secondary and university levels.
Lord Kitchener Elementary School
A truly unique example of the next generation of schools in Vancouver, we were proud to lend our expertise to a classic building:
- A renewal of an original 1914 heritage building
- Capacity of over 450 students
- Flexible learning spaces with movable glass walls
- Furnishings including mobile tablet arm chairs, collaborative tables, beanbags, modular seating and benches
Sir James Douglas Elementary School
A well-established school in Vancouver, Sir James Douglas Elementary Schoolwas rebuilt to keep up with increased enrolment, with the Vancouver School Board including it in a shift towards the 21st century flexible learning model:
- Creation of a stimulating learning environment
- Bright coloured bean bags, collaborative tablets, modular soft seating and benches
- Expert spatial planning and interior design
Revelstoke Secondary School
Surrounded by expansive mountain views, Jonathan Morgan & Company were delighted to assist Revelstoke Secondary School in creating four floors of an educational space highlighting the area’s natural spaciousness. An impressive and purpose-built space, the site includes a 250-seat theatre, two computer labs and a recording studio:
- Furniture design for the building
- Supply of all desks, seating and storage for classrooms, labs and the cafeteria
- Professional spatial planning
Thompson Rivers University
Jonathan Morgan & Company lent skills and expertise to Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, British Columbia. In a highly ambitious project, the Old Main Building was brought into the 21st century with a 3rd and 4th floor to accommodate more learning space and Canada’s newest Faculty of Law.
- JM&C supplied all furniture, including office workstations, filing cabinets, task seating, study tablets, lockers, boardroom tables & more
- Full installation team sent to Kamloops to ensure successful completion of project
- All recommendations made on a personalised and bespoke basis
Coquitlam Public Library
Our dynamic team was happy to assist Coquitlam Public Library in creating a new library location to better serve and cater to the local community. After purchasing the ground floor of a city-central building, one floor was renovated with mezzanine spaces included to triple the size of the library’s previous location.
- We provided full consultations and recommendations around colour schemes and furnishings, assisting the project architect with facility design and layout
- Full delivery and installation of furnishings
- Creation of a dedication children’s area, multipurpose rooms and computer rooms
- Inclusion of seating areas throughout the library
Squamish Public Library Children’s Area
Our project with Squamish Public Library marked one of our most successful transformations! We were chosen to renovate and furnish their new children’s area, using our turnkey package of services to design and build a fun and functional environment ahead of schedule.
- Painting of walls
- Installation of new carpet
- Installation of new furniture and shelving
- Provision of soft seating by Encore and Logiflex
Rethinking Your School or Library: How We Can Help
Jonathan Morgan & Company offers the knowledge, experience and expertise you need to bring your school, classroom or library environment into a new normal which prioritises the welfare, wellbeing and happiness of their users. We bring together an unrivalled team of furniture manufacturers and interior designers to transform schools and libraries to ensure the highest level of social distancing, ventilation and hygienic practice.
We recognise that not all schools and libraries will know what choices to make until they understand the full range of options available to them. That’s why we offer a consultative approach, with our experts visiting your premises to make professional suggestions based on your budgetary, spatial and operational requirements. Book your FREE consultation today and discover why Canada chooses Jonathan Morgan!
Check out the video below on why customers choose JM&C and get in touch to launch your project today!